Sunday, June 26, 2022

Some people should not be parents

 

I became very upset when I came across this article. I did foster care for many years. All of the children came from impoverished low income homes, junky parents, and abusive situations.

Reading this, tossed that stereotype out the window.  

 link > Mom, after wanting a baby for years: "I regret having my son"

 I couldn't ascertain WTH this woman was thinking. She regrets having this child because she lost sleep? Seriously? And she didn't consider the lack of sleep part of the package? What did she think babies do for at least the first 0-4yrs of their life? Holy socks! I truly find this obtuse in all reasoning.

This poor child had to grow up with this rejection. I do not know how old this child is but this woman should have CPS (Child protective services) called on her. The father clearly knew they weren't ready. 

I have been a foster parent 30+ yrs and the amount of trauma these children endure, regardless of it being intentional/unintentional, is tantamount to rejection. To live with that is damaging to one's persona. You never lose that. You carry that for life. Even with forgiveness, it stays with you.

#parents #children #rejection

 

Common-Law Marriages

  Pennsylvania dissolved CL marriages Jan 1st 2005, however those who were CL prior to this date were grandfathered in. Lawyers apparently ...