Friday, July 1, 2022

Kratom

 Opinion OPED
 
I've been a Kratom user since March of 16. I had ID'd on Oxycontin & Fent. I suffer from chronic pain. 
 
Kratom is the sister to the coffee plant.  It works like an opioid by blocking pain receptors. Despite the warning labels, it's not addictive. Not from my experience. If I am out, I do not experience any 'withdrawals'. It's alternative medicine therefore a threat to big pharma. It derives mainly from Indonesia & Asia.
The 3 strains:
White - for energy /diet
Green - mood; ppl have stopped using antidepressants &  addicts use for withdrawals 
Red - Pain
 
The sellers must be careful in their 'advertisement' as big pharma/FDA have rules. They cannot say certain things, such as: The green vein helps with opioid withdrawals. Drug users allegedly claim that this helps them when they cannot obtain their fix. The green vein has allegedly helped people wean off their psyche meds as it helped with anxiety and mood. 

I was leery of it, as many posted their experiences on GLP, all positive. I was an opioid user at the time; Legally via physician prescription & DAW. I did have an O.D. back in 16, where I accidentally mixed a different drug with the cocktail I was prescribed. Post O.D., I looked for alternatives, and Kratom was my resolve. To date there haven't been any issues and my physician is aware and satisfied with the result. I  did however, switch from the capsules to the liquid they call 'tinctures', which is fast acting, and more expensive.
 
I had heard, big pharma bought the top 10 Kratom sites too back in 18. They tried banning it on a federal level in 17 but it failed.  Pennsylvania tried banning it in 18 but it failed. 

Advice, do not buy gas station Kratom. Best to get it from a non big pharma site. Pabotanicals.com & gregsbotanicals.com come highly recommended and they're privately owned. Moist places have sample packs. If you're a chronic pain sufferer this might be a solution. 

It is banned in several states, and many states have classed it as a sched 1 drug. Check to see if your state is on the list:
 
Kratom may not be for everybody, but for me, it works controlling my pain levels. Even post surgeries, in lieu of my taking prescribed Percacets (20 pills dispensed), I decline the Rx, and continue my Kratom use.

I am an advocate, and a member of the "Don't Punish Pain" group for my state and nationally as well.
Check your state to become a member.

Kratom use has become more common despite warnings that it's addictive

The drug has been touted as a treatment to opioid withdrawal symptoms, but many people use it to get high. In Pennsylvania, lawmakers are seeking to ban sales to minors


Common-Law Marriages

  Pennsylvania dissolved CL marriages Jan 1st 2005, however those who were CL prior to this date were grandfathered in. Lawyers apparently ...